Panasonic 42" and polk audio m10

Username: Gordon_z

Post Number: 1
so ive got 42" panasonic plasma, its the "industrial" line, doesnt come with speakers, but has output for the speakers, i looked it up online and the total output is 18w? but i was looking to get the polk audio m10s but i think the output for those are 20-100w will these speakers work or the tvs output isnt enough? and if so what do you recommend? or do i have to get amplified speakers? which amped ones do you recommend as well? help!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12019
Yes you will need amplified speakers, likely.
The little amp in the tv is probably expecting a speaker with a very high impedence, very much like computer speakers or headphones.

Post Number: 2
well i mean how loud do you think it would be though? i mean the speakers are stated as 20w-100w but the tv total output is only 18, so if i do get those and hook it up you think itll be loud enough for a 20x20ft room? just something for my bedroom, doesnt need to be theatre loud but like enough so i can hear from across the room or blast it a little so i can hear the music if im in the next room? you think the m10s will work with the tv?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12027
No. The amplifier in the tv is designed to drive very high impedence loads, not loudspeakers.

Post Number: 3
i see, well which kind of amplified speakers would you recommend then?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12029
Advent made some a while back that were not bad...don't remember which.
Boston Acoustics does these as well, but usually wireless.

Post Number: 4
yeah looks like they stopped manufacturing

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12035
have a look at compueter speaker sets, Gordon.
These are usuall ycompiant to high impedence inputs.
Some are very good, although lacking the management from a puter, might be wild.
See what your tv can do via the OS menu.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us