Need help!

newtoav
Unregistered guest
I have the av receiver and I connected it to the dvd player. I also connected to my dvd player and everythings great.

Now I want to connect my old cd player to this av receiver but my cd player has no audio out except the two speaker connectors. (no analog/digital out)

Can I use the headphone/ear phone out of the cd player to connect the av receiver audio input?
Someone suggested me that I can use the adapter cable which can connect one end to the cd player phone jack and the other end two audio jacks (banana jack) to the av receiver.

Is it a good idea?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 729
what kind of cd player is this?? Is it a portable?

newtoav
Unregistered guest
Hello Berny,

Actually, it is a VCD Mp3-CD mini hi-fi system. Philips FW-V220. Model is not too old. I think it is about 2 years.
Its amplifier section has
Output power 2x20 W rms (6 ohm 1 khz 10%THD)
Speakers >= 6 ohms
Headphones 32 ohms - 1000 ohms

AV receiver is yamaha Rx-v440 and dvd player is pioneer DV 667-A (universal player)

Is it possible? any damage?

Silver Member

Post Number: 734
it is not a good idea to use the headphone outputs into the inputs of any receiver unless it is specifically designed to accept high level inputs. I've heard of adapters but I haven't really tried them.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 171
Does your system have a Tape out RCA set of connections? They would be low level outputs (0 - 4 Volts Ac)...

newtoav
Unregistered guest
Berny and Joao,

What is high level input? What is the output of the speaker connectors? Are they low or high?

My system has no other audio outputs except two speaker connectors.

So it means I have no way to use my vcd player with this av receiver. :-(

Anyway, many thanks to both of you for your concerned.

Silver Member

Post Number: 748
speaker out and headphone speaker outputs are high level.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 187
No RCA plugs on the back?

newtoav
Unregistered guest
Joao,

mine has no other RCA plugs. :-(
it only has RCA plugs for aux input.
this is an entry level mini hifi system and i did a mistake to buy it 2 years ago.
It also has no digital out.
Even older Sony system has digital out.

Berny,

Digital out is low or high level?

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
digital output is a totally different animal that needs a totally different processor.
I am familiar with the philips unit you are talking about...nice little unit but no room for improvement or upgrade unless you want to mess with the internals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us