NAD receiver: Two issues

Username: Prtk

Post Number: 1
I have got NAD receiver and 5 BW speakers for a home theater. I have been happy with the combo. However after our move few months back the remote stopped working. No matter what I do and repair would cost more than 100Euro, replacement even costlier in Germany. Any 'universal' remote recommendation?

Second and more important problem I have is that one of the channels of my 5.1 system output is not working. I checked out, it is definitely not the speaker or cable problem. There is something with the receiver wrong. Any DIY suggestions?

I have NAD T760 series receiver, jfy.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2419
The T760 is an oldie.

There is a DSP Chip reset you can do on those. It is something like : Hold down TONE button and SOURCE and press the power button to shut it off. While holding the buttons turn it on and you will see the display say DSPCP Reset or whatever. It is different on every version they came out with so maybe contact NAD and ask for it. Don't know if this will help the speaker problem.

Any Logitech Harmony remote works great with pretty much anything. I use one for the theater.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12031
Unless you have a very strong electrical background and proper test equipment, DIY is not a good idea.
The issue could simply be a failed output FET, but if you were capable of fixing it my friend, you would have checked that by now.

Shopping anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2431
The Logitech Harmony is awesome. I bought one when the remote for my Sony BDP crapped out.

Did Nick's suggestion for the system reboot help? If not, ditch the receiver and go shopping like Nuck said.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2434
It is awesome eh Dave.

Yeah its probably going to be time for a new one. The 760 has to be nearing 10 years old now. At least.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us