Stands for Dynaudio 52SE?

Username: Mattsa

Post Number: 1
I've just recently moved and my 52SEs (which I love) are in desperate need of some stands. My old place had a beautiful deep shelf just the right height so I never bought any, but no such luck in the new abode.

I know the stand 4s are supposed to be great, but I'm not married to brand-matching and I am a little cost-sensitive as I'd rather put the extra $$ into equipment if I can help it.

I'd also like to find a decent rack for my components, three shelves probably all I need.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11982
Matt, have a look at the Target line. The MR24 and MR30 are good mass-loadable stands.
Also see the racks.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2375
Hey Matt, a lot of us on here consider proper speaker stands as part of our system and "equipment" (what I mean is a good stand can make a big difference).

Check out this place:

http://www.skylanstands.com/stands.htm

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I definitely didn't mean to suggest I thought stands are not important, I just figure at my stage an extra $200 in my source is going to make a bigger difference than spending an extra $200 on stands. Does it matter enough that I should consider springing for the actual Dynaudio ones?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12007
Thats up to you, Matt. But suffice to say that the Dyn's will not do what they are designed to do best without proper support.
If the 52's worked well on a shelf, I have to wonder about the rear port blooming the bass somewhat, and you may want to move the speakers around a bit to get them just right.
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/bookshelf/dynaudio-52se

As stated there, if you thought the Dyn's were bass heavy near a back wall, you might find a little lacking without the wall reinforcement and be tempted to crank it up a bit.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3605
Matt

Personally I prefer the Partington Super Dreadnought under that speaker. That said, the Dynaudio stand is good. What you're looking for is a medium mass (i.e. reasonably heavy, usually part-sand-filled) stand, preferably welded together rather than screwed togethjer since the latter tend not to have the same strength or integrity.

Post Number: 3
Frank,

Thanks for the suggestion, the dreadnoughts look great. What would you recommend for attaching the dyns to the stands? I saw one review discussing toppers (isolation cones) vs. just using bluetack, what do you think is the way to go? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3634
Blutac all the way. You need to couple the speaker to the stand to help it dump the extra energy to ground.

I can't remember if the Super Dreadnought comes with sand or not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us