Variable audio out question.

Username: Candymancoopsta

Post Number: 1
On my tv, the variable audio out... What exactly does it do? if I hook up a set of wireless headphones to it, would it play whatever is coming out of the t.v? weather it be the dvd player, cable tv, or whatever? also, if this is the case, if I hook up my xbox360 to my tv through HDMI will the variable audio out work for that as well?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11938
coop, you will likely get a better response in the home theatre section of the forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Db_audiofile

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 74
Coop,
The variable out acts as an pre-ammp to an out bound amp. In my bed room I uae a set of Bose media mates. The output allows me to control the volume from the remote of my tv. be careful not to over drive the imputs as this will cause destortion
Good Luck!
Db

Bronze Member

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 75
Coop,
Yes it should.
Db

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13447

You need to read your owner's manual. The "pre amp out" feature DB speaks of is only available on montiors with "pre amp out" facilities - they might be labelled as "monitor out" also.

"Variable audio out" would suggest your set has such provisions. However, this really only means you are controlling the volume of what exits the set, what you plug into the TV and where you plug the other end of the "Variable audio out" cable determines what you will hear when using the variable volume control of the TV.

In general you are almost always better off running audio sources such as cable, DVD, etc. into the receiver and not directly into the TV.

What are you going to plug your "Varaiable audio out" into, cb?

Bronze Member

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 77
Jan,
you are right! My bose have a 5 watt power supply.TV out acts as again for controled volume from my TV.
Good Luck,
Db

Username: Candymancoopsta

Post Number: 2
i just want to plug a wireless headset into my variable audio out so that I can use headphones with my xbox 360. is this possible?

Bronze Member

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 87
Coop,
What kind of wireless headphones do you have?
Db
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us