Does anybody has problems with Musical Fidelity A2 ?

Bill Lee
mine works very unstable. sometimes the power button can be turned on and then the knobs light up. but now it is experiencing a downfall,where the power is on , the lights of the knobs doesn't light up as usual. is there any problem with the power supply? can anyone help me ?

beau
geez i have an A300 and it works like a champ,I would take it to be looked at. I leave mine on all the time. The other area of concern is how stable is voltage coming in from street. Lot of noise and crud in lines. Maybe a line conditioner may be in order. I would take it back to dealer and have him check it b4 2 long

hi beau,

thanks for ur advice. i asked the dealer yesterday and he said it might be the problems of the relay inside which makes the current sometimes gets charged and the other time not. he also said there might be "contact problems" of the relays.so may i ask u can i change the relay for myself and how could that be done? or if i use some contact cleaner on the power relays inside, will it work or as a matter of fact,will it explode?
ur advice is very much appreciated! thank u.

bill lee

beau
if you feel qualified to change yourself,do so, I know myself and any project i start is never as easy as i think it will be, i would prefer to have a professional repair and warranty my amp. I recommend progold as a contact cleaner, at least once a month,but the A2 is a highly recommend component but let the pros fix and then you are covered
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us