Paradigm monitor 9

Username: Icronin

Post Number: 1
can anyone tell me if these speakers are sheilded for home theater? I also have a tweeter problem in one of them. the last time i had this problem it was very expensive to repair. They build all of their own stuff so i am trying to locate some place to buy one.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2395
Hey Ivan. Where are you located? Lots of dealers out there for Paradigm.

Anything V5 and up in the Monitor series are shielded where V4 and down you could buy every model shielded or un-shielded. Check the back of you speaker and there should be a little black sticker that simply says 'shielded' on it. It doesn't matter anymore unless you are using an old CRT television. Flat panels are not effected. What version are the speakers?

Post Number: 2
thanx nick. have no idea what version they are but are about ten years old. the sad part about this deal is that i dont live far from where they are made ( canada). I joined this site because of the abundance of information you guys share, its awsome. thanks for your reply

Gold Member

Post Number: 2396
Ivan, I also live only about a 80 minute drive from where the Paradigm factory is. I am in Ontario as well. I would take 10 year old Monitor 9's any day over the latest Monitor 9's. A Tweeter repair for them should be around 70-100 dollars. I would fix them personally. I wouldn't worry about the shielding. Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9127
x2. Fix 'em and enjoy 'em!

Post Number: 3
hey guys, I would like to fixem myself but don`t know where to buy the stuff. If anyone has a contact I shure would appreciat it.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9128
Contact Paradigm.

Post Number: 4
That was my next rout. I find that a lot of the manufacturers wont deal with the public

Post Number: 5
I should have paid more attention in the first place but I didnt think the nikko 230 amp drove enough power to do this kind of damage. Also I am just new to this type of communication and appreciate the help so parden me if I dont adress anyone personally. But i`m learning.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisgwd

California

Post Number: 36
Ivan,

Not sure on the repair, but I wouldn't worry about the shielding. I am pretty sure that's just for use with a CRT TV. If you still have one of those, there should be a big screen upgrade (and HD) in your near future. :-)

Chris

Post Number: 6
Ya Chris I have a 61" sony and trying to work out some kind of home theater

Gold Member

Post Number: 2398
Then Shielding is no problem for you Ivan.

Contact Paradigm, and ask for the parts department. You will probably get Anthem then. ( I'm not sure why this is but the Anthem guys are great help none the less) They will send the part either directly to you or direct you to the nearest dealer to take the speaker for repair.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11768
but I didnt think the nikko 230 amp drove enough power to do this kind of damage.

Thats the issue, Ivan. pushing an underpowered amp into clipping or oscillation kills tweeters very quickly. large clean amps do not generally damage tweeters, unless carelessness is involved, and the speakers will show signs of distress before an overpower failure occurs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us