Cambridge 640r vs Nad T755

Silver Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 185
am helping a friend of mine out with a surround sound system. the speakers are going to be the monitor audio silver series. hows the cambridge av receiver 640r. the other choice is the nad t755 which is nearly double the price of the cambridge. cant listen to the systems as dealers dont carry the range

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2217
I have the 540R and love it. Rock solid, compact construction. Relatively big transformer (for a A/V receiver) and big caps. The remote, like all CA remotes, is heavy, serious piece of remote-goodness.

My 540R in 2 channel stereo pushes 100 watts, which I tend to believe the specs. It's driven my MA RS6's with ease.

I like the fact that the receiver has very few bells and whistles (as I'm sure the NAD is like too). Instead it concentrates on sounding good.

Silver Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 186
thanks david. i guess its the cambridge then, considering the price difference. any idea if the 540 and 640 upscale

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2221
The 540 doesn't upscale. Not sure if the 640 does. It's not a big deal to me. The nice thing about both models is that they have analogue inputs so you can stream the HD audio formats from your Blu-ray player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us