NHT closing down operations...

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 444
This is the message that was sent to dealers:

Quote:
Dear NHT Customer,

It's time to turn down the lights... NHT is going quiet. Over the next 45 days we're going to sell the remaining professional and consumer inventory through our existing dealers and distributors, pay our bills, and spend time rethinking the future of NHT. We're not bankrupt and no, the car didn't get hit by a train. In a way this difficult economy has provided the right opportunity for the change in strategy we have felt has been necessary for some time.

One thing is for sure, it's not about your (or our) love for this brand. It's not about this business either. It's all about the realities of the world and how consumer attitudes are changing and the need for real invention. We're eager to get moving.

NHT has always stood for something more than a great speaker. NHT's philosophy has been a way of thinking -- about value, about fair play, about paying attention to what matters, and integrity -- really, it is a way of life for us. We've had a colorful history and our share of distractions, but we think we have made the speaker industry a little more interesting and helped in raising the bar.

This isn't good bye, its just "see you on the other side".

Thanks for everything!

Chris, John, Jim and the NHT gang.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8993
We knew it was coming..still a bummer.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 636
Yup. Though it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, they did have something there.
I still remember the sound of those Classic 3's on McIntosh power. All I can say is BIG...HUGE, in fact and almost unbelieveable for a pair of mid sized bookshelves.
I wish I had the cash to keep a set around. Cheers.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 365
What a shame...

Username: Rscottn1212

Tulsa, Ok Us

Post Number: 2
where can we shop/purchase remaining stock? thanks, scott

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 640
The NHT website shows a couple says but nothing to scream about.
I guess the warranty won't be worth the paper it's printed on if they reopen under a new company name.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us