Eternity Gold / Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon.

Silver Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 185
Has anyone ever listened to this recording made by Toshiba in Japan? A friend of mine has 5 different recordings of this album: regular cd, sacd, 24K gold mobile fidelity made in japan, 24K gold mobile fidelity made in USA, eternity gold 24K gold made by toshiba in japan. I can't believe the difference between them. I listed them in order of sound reproduction quality, the last being the best. The sacd is noticeably better than a regular cd. The mobile fidelity's are a little better than the sacd, and the USA production is the better of the two. Now the Eternity Gold cd is far better than the rest. Detail, clarity and vocals are amazing. I hadn't even heard of Mobile Fidelity or Eternity Gold until recently.

Silver Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 186
Oh yeah I almost forgot, my friend also had a limited edition Master Sound super bit mapping (20 bit) cd of Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here. This also is a very detailed reproduction and sounds nearly as good as the Eternity gold reproduction of Dark Side Of The Moon. Too bad they weren't the same albums so I could directly compare it to the others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us