Bose Acoustimass 7

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1044
A friend of mine gave me his system that wasnt in use...i figured if its for free y not give it a try. I hooked it up to a yamaha 5.1 receiver and i do not seem to be getting much to any bass from the system.
There are 3 sat. speakers that are going to the bass module. Then from the bass module the wires are going to the receiver...into the front right/left and center channels. There is no connect for a sub or anything but im guessing it will automatically get powered from the speakers....i hear very little bass or barely anything..

also on the yahama reciever, there is an option that tests the sound of my speakers..i hear sound from my front stage except anything from the sub....am i supposed to hear like a noise or thud or something?

i don't like bose to begin with but its a free system and i didn't have anythign hooked up in my bedroom.
Is there a special setting i have to set up on the receiver? Please advise...

also the reciever has a crossover function allowing it to be setup at 60hz, 80hz etc...whts would be best in this case?

i appreciate everyones help.
I will be posting in the receiver section as well because it may have to deal with the receiver.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1047
lol any1?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11572
MS, drop down to subwoofers and look at 'How do I open a'

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1051
Nuck, i went to subwoofer but did not see any thread named that...plz post link if possible? or maybe thread name is diff?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11574
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/125990.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us