Triangle Celius ESW

Username: Beacons

L.A, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Hi

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks, and finally decided to join the forum.

I'm about to make my first big hi-fi purchase on a pair of Triangle Celius ESW from a local seller. I really liked the Triangle house sound.

I was wondering if there are any other speakers with similiar overall sound quality around 1000 level that I should consider?

So far, I've tried Paradigm Studio 60 V3, and Focal Cobalt 826S, and I liked Celius esw better than the other two speakers. I'm pretty much sold on these triangle speakers, but I'd like to get some other opinions from more experienced members here.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Ben

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8902
There are a ton of speakers at that price making it easy to get paralysis by analysis. Triangle makes a great speaker and if you like the sound, especially since you compared them to some fine speakers...buy 'em and enjoy.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13332

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/550199.html

Silver Member
Username: Lamcam

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 155
I have the Triangle Altea ESW speakers after owning Dynaudio A62, A42, Contour SR, Focal 826V, Totem Sttaf, BMW CDM-1 SE. I like Triangles the most... They are good with all kind of music. My 2 cents...

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1758

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?1/521705

L.A, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
Art- Thanks for the tip! Actually, I'm gonna pick up those Triangle today :-) I can't wait to listen to my favorite albums out of these beautiful speakers at my own place!!

Loc- Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been told many times that Cairn's 4808/4808NF/4810 would be a great match with Triangle speakers. I've read from an article that Cyirn's relationship with Triangle is like Bryston's to PMC.

Michael- Thanks for taking your time to point out the direction.

Silver Member
Username: Lamcam

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 156
Ben, I drove them with the Simaudio (see my post) with great success. But they sing with tube. Now, I am running them with Pathos Classic One hybrid, very very good combo. I want to try all tube amp in the future, but for now, I don't want to separate the combo.
Loc

L.A, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 6
Loc- Pathos look mighty sexy, and am sure they sound great but way out of my budget :-)

When I get my Celius today, I'll do some tube rolling to see if I can get what I would like to hear.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Ben

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8903
Last time I heard Triangle speakers was with Cairn electronics and it sounded fantastic.

L.A, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 7
Art- Would you be able to tell me what kind of amp (model) was it?

Ideally, I'd like to get a Cairn 4808 (used), or 4808 NorthFace (used), but it seems almost impossible to find one here in the U.S. I've seen they are being listed for around 800-1000 in used market before.

I can get a brand new Cairn 4810 Int Amp which is the latest revision of 4808 series, but cost 1000 more than previous models.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8905
Fog integrated and CD player...it was awhile back

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3555
Ben,

You should really get your local dealer to help you. If he is a Triangle dealer, he will have chosen the brand as a match for the other brands he has in the shop.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmccoy

CA U.S.A

Post Number: 14

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmccoy

CA U.S.A

Post Number: 15
Ben,

Go to eBay UK, there were couple of sellers with used Cairn 4808 for sale. As far as I remember, they are willing to ship to the U.S.

Bronze Member

L.A, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 11
Frank- I know of only one place where they carry Triangle speakers, and they have paired them up with Cary tube amps. I've already tried Cary SLI-F1& Cary 300SEI and the combo didn't impress me much. They were vry nice, but not enough to justify the price tag. They were way over my budget.

I actually liked my GLA sound better, especially for the bass response.

For now, I'm trying to work on the speaker placement and some tube rolling to see if I can get close to what I'm trying to accomplish in my speaker set-up.

While I was doing research online, only SS amp that is well-known to be a great match with Triangle speakers was Cairn Amps, especially 4808 line.

I even thought about Creek 5350 SE as it seems to be on par with 4808 in overall performance with slight variation in sound signature, but I would rather try my luck with Cairn 4808, if I can find one.

David- Thanks for the tip! Actually, I've already contact the seller, but haven't heard back yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us