Acoustic Research P-428PS

Username: Tone74

Post Number: 1
First post here to try to figure out what to do. I have a pair of these speakers which are about 7 or 8 years old. Used them for about 3 years put them away then brought them out recently plugged them in and I'm liking what I hear. I'm using them strictly for music.
Problem is one caused receiver to clip at higher volume. tried to isolate the problem so I unplugend the crossover from the built in amp connection on back of speakers and still clipped, connected speakers directly to receiver and they handled most of the power without any problem. I'm guessing its the crossover tried finding one online with no luck. They are discontinued called the company and they said they don't carry the product and said they had no idea where to get one. I've looked online for replacement crossovers but can't figure out what will work. Are these speakers even worth it? Does anyone out there have any knowledge about these speakers if so I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Also are there any places that fix crossovers that you can recommend. Thaks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us