Dvd vs Cd

Norwich
I just yesterday found a brand new Nad 521i for $239 and brought my Sony $250.00 dvd player into the store and switched back and forth with several of my cds played through an Nad amp and Paradigm studio 60 speakers. I have seen how they say a dedicated cd player would outperform a dvd, cd player but I was shocked when I liked the sound of my $250.00 3 1/2 year old Sony dvd player better. I was interested in the 521i for some time and wanted it to sound better. The Sony dvd player seemed more dynamic and warmer. I am sure a lot of people will find that impossible to believe as I did. I listened extensively and kept coming to the same conclusion. I am familiar with sound differences with equipment and usually buy quality items. People can recommend good quality products but everyone hears different. You have to decide what sounds best to you not to someone else. Also, usually you have to spend a lot of money to get subtle improvements even though it involves impressive parts and engineering. The less you can spend and be happy the better off you are. Also if you buy online make sure it is an authorized dealer of the brand you buy if you want a warranty. Make sure you know and understand the companies policies before you buy from them. There can be some disadvantages to buying online even though they are cheaper.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us