Naim loudspeaker plugs

Bronze Member
Username: Lazoroski

Skopje, Macedonia Macedonia, T...

Post Number: 29
Hi,

For the past one hour I'm desperately struggling to connect the NacA5 to the supplied twin plugs that I got with my Nait 5i...Its damn difficult !

Any tips will be very welcome :-(

I can put the cable somehow and even close the plugs but I'm afraid that the connection is loose and that the wires might get in contact inside which would be very dangerous

As I'm desperate already I wonder do they really make a difference in sonic terms ?

Thanks and brgds,
Zoran

Username: Newnaimy

FFMFRG

Post Number: 1
You have to solder that plugs... they will not simply stick together on their own!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thank you for the advice !

I thought of soldering but the Naca5 is very sturdy and not flexible so I don't think that soldering will keep it in place.

Do you have it soldered ?

Username: Newnaimy

FFMFRG

Post Number: 2
Yes, I did! I will post a picture of it tonight.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3143
Naim dealers solder NACA5 for a small fee. Most solder them for free when you buy the wire and plugs.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3520
Zoran,

Your Naim dealer should have made up the connections for you. It's a job that takes some practice. Here's a description for how to do it off the Naim forum:

http://forums.naim-audio.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3452929996/m/2922924807

As you can see from the description, soldering is the only way to ensure a good stable connection.

Naim plugs are definitely my preferred solution on Naim amps. other plugs are OK I guess but the Naim ones are very sturdy indeed and couple to the amplifier very well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thank you all !

Unfortunately I will have to do it by myself looking at the instructions from the Naim forum (thanks a lot Frank).

My Naim dealer is 400 km from where I live and when I bought the Nait 5i I already had the Naca5 that I used with the Rega Mira 3 in the past.

Brgds,
Zoran

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11442
Good post frank.
Zoran, fire up the torch!
What do you have for solder?

Silver Member
Username: Pcstockton

Post Number: 223
Good point Nuck.

I do believe there is not only a prescribed method, but also a particular solder.

If I were you, I would do the research on how, and with what. Gather the needed materials, and bring to someone who KNOWS how to solder well.

It will be worth the $10 you pay an expert.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3551
Well, if you can find some of the thicker RS Components tin/lead solder it'll make life a bit easier than the unleaded version, simply because the leaded version has a lower melting point.

However, if you can't then use the tin/silver combination and put up with the flux...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us