Circuit City bites the dust for good.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2294
"Bankrupt Circuit City Stores Inc., the nation's second-biggest consumer electronics retailer, said Friday it failed to find a buyer and will liquidate its 567 U.S. stores."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D95OBUM00&show_article=1&catnum=0

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 477
They've been struggling for a while. I figured they'd run through xmas and then shut 'er down. I wonder how it affects the The Source stores in Canada.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8656
My wife told me about that this morning...hmm.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13296

That's 30k people out of work.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8660
It keeps right on snowballing...

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11431
Hold on tight kids, it's gonna get a whole lot bumpier.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2295
F&!ck Circuit city. They are a $#it pyle of a hole in the earth. Too bad about the 30,000 jobs. But if you sell crap for that long its bound to happen. I have read that The Source in Canada are doing well. That could be wrong though. To add, sounds like Canada will be out of the recession before 09 is over. Too bad, our company will slow down a bit when that happens.LOL.

Bronze Member
Username: Betamax

Canada

Post Number: 60
Yes, the Source in Canada is doing fine and will apparently be unaffected.

Canada won't be out of the recession in '09, it just entered after its usual time delay behind the US. The Canadian economy is significantly based on selling exports to the US, so Canada won't turn around till the US has recovered for some time. No offense, but any other scenario is based on fairy dust and moonbeams.

Your company won't have any worries about slowing down any time soon.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2296
Yeah true recovery wont happend until at least 2010. But they say we will actually rebound starting late 09 now.

http://news.therecord.com/article/472179

could be bull though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11432
Waaay too much information going out to waaay too many undereducated people causing waaay too much panic where it is not deserved.

Making it waaay worse than it needs to be.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2296
Every "Messiah" needs a "miracle" to perform.

We are through the looking glass people.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11433
And Alice doesn't live here anymore. The bank foreclosed due to her non-payment on a mortgage that she should never have had in the first place.
Reglations are for commies, you see, free market rules!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NW, MI USA

Post Number: 12322
while some folks may not care much about CC going under, I will comment that CC has been the sort of place you can go to lay your eyes on products you want to buy, even if you do find tose things cheaper elsewhere. It's nice to be able to touch the stuff instead of buying based on internet reviews when you're spending thousands on an upgrade to your stereo stuff. I'll miss CC, even though when I went to my local(? two hour drive) store the other day, they no longer even had a listing for the Onkyo NR906 I wanted, they had none of the Panasonic plasma TVs in stock that I wanted, and the only BD35 panny bluray player they had was a display model running a HTiaB demo. They did have the Harmony 1000 remote I wanted, but at MSRP, and they had little selection in surround speaker pedistals, and of those, they were all metal tube style ones.. Nothing in wood. It was like walking into a Big Lots or something.. I felt soiled at the lack of selection.

I guess I won't miss being ravaged by the hordes of commissioned salespeople though. That was never very enjoyable. It reminded me of car dealership lots.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8663
I bought a couple of TV's at the Salem CC 12 or 13 yrs ago when there was no longer local a Sony dealer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2297
Fraud is fraud, and regulations are only good if they're enforced:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wxmr_burning-down-the-house-what-caused_news

We've just handed over the keys to the asylum to the inmates, IMHO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us