Speakers to compliment Onkyo SR606?

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 984
Hey guys, i am new in the home theater field and am looking to purchase something very good that will fulfil my needs. The Onkyo sr606 was referred to me and seems to be the best buy for my budget and needs.

I am looking for a nice speakers setup that will compliment the receiver. I am on a budget and would appreciate it if someone can advise any nice speakers.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 986
I am currently looking at this product. ONKYO SKS-HT240

Is this a great buy?
Amazon has them for a little less than 300..i am sure i can prob find it a bit cheaper

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3500
No idea about the Onkyos. Also, you say you're on a budget but not what budget so limited help.

My usual recommendation for that receiver is the Focal Sib/Cub system which works really well. There are others of course. Look at Kef's KHT2005.2, Mission's M-cube, Monitor Audio's Radius.

Good luck.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 988
Thanks

my budget for the total home theater is around 600. It can be a little bit more than that....that includes a receiver - which is goign to cost me about 300ish. The rest is for speakers so we are looking at around 300 for speakers...i know it is very hard to find nice speakers in that price range..but that is all i have to work with.
I personally would want to save up and buy things seperately but i sorta have to meet a deadline - superbowl time....i am already busing out with 1600 for a lcd...i just want a decent home theater setup

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3510
So forget my suggestions which are beyond that as far as I know...even if they'd be 'decent'.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8647
Harman's ebay store...

You can get a Harman Kardon receiver and a 5.1 infinity setup for just above you budget. You'll have to do it by auction rather than the "Buy it Now" feature...however it may get you what you want on a budget.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1732
Costco in my area had a set of Energy 5.1 speakers for $300 or $350, last one in the store. Find those anywhere near that price and you cannot go wrong.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us