Marantz SR7500 SW Problems

Username: Shootsnlad

Post Number: 1
I have a Marantz SR7500 with a SVS PB10-NSD subwoofer and surround sound speakers. This is actually my second refurb'ed SR7500. I had terrible problems with the first one, fought with the company/repair center and finally got a replacement. My replacement receiver worked fine for a little while, then came my SW problems. Basically when the SW was working I would have the gain on the SW turned about 1/4 to half way up, and the calibration level on the receiver set to something like -8 DB, and the sub would be at perfectly volume. One day it seemed like all my bass was gone and I no longer could hear the SW. My other surround sound speakers all still work fine. Now in order to hear the sub, I have to crank the gain all the way up and set the calibration to the max of +10 DB on the receiver, and I can then barely start to hear the SW. In the test phase of receiver, it also is just a very low rumble with everything set to max. SVS was gracious enough to send me the only replacement parts that were in the SW. We have determined it is NOT the SW. It is definitely the receiver. Every once in a while it will kick in, but can go back out at anytime. Currently the SW is hooked up the Pre-out SW connection on the receiver with a RCA yellow (video) cable. I am assuming that cable should be fine to use for this as it has worked in the past. I DO NOT want to have to contact Marantz under any circumstances. They have provided me absolutely terrible service in the past. I had purchased a extended warranty on the old receiver that would still be active, but since Marantz replaced the receiver with a different one, that maybe void because they'd be different serial numbers. I paid a lot of money for this receiver and my speakers and really want to get back to it all working. Is there anything I can try to do myself? Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any replys. I deeply appreciate any and all help! It's been a very frustrating few years.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11414
You paid for the warranty, make them honor it, or refund you the difference for the time the old one was covered.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11415
And wiggle the back panel connection for the sub, try another cable. The cable could damage the Marantz.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1384
Do try the wiggling of the cable or replacing it. I have an issue on my SR8400 with the blue component out jack where it can intermittently crap out while watching a video. I thought it was a cable issue at first, but another set gave me the same problem. So now when it comes out, I just wiggle it a bit and the color is restored. Usually doesn't come back in that movie session any more. It seems like yours may be a jack issue as well.

Hope this is helpful
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us