Yamaha RX-V1400 ???

Rigby
Hi there,

I'm in the market for a new HT receiver, has anybody tested the new Yamaha RX-V1400 yet?

Anonymous
I tried it and I am going to buy one!

Anonymous
I was just looking at one yesterday. I am no auidiofile, but I like the ability to run all the components through it with only one output to the TV. The store claims this is the lowest priced one they have that can do this ($799).

Anonymous
I'm considering the Yamaha RX-V1400 and the Denon 2803. Anybody have any thoughts on these two AV receivers?

Anonymous
$799 is too much - go to http://soundpros.com/yamaha_home.cfm

These guys are really great and their price is only $695 + delivery.

I plan on getting one of these. I'm a Pioneer Elite snob typically (and was planning on buying the 53tx), but the video up-conversion in this price range makes the Yamaha hard to pass up!

Johnb
$799 will come down soon. It's worth waiting for. My son the Audio nut had his best friend into Tweeters to sell him a Denon, his favorite receiver. After setting up the 1400 with it's built in set up mike, even he had to admit it was superior. His friend thought the same and bought the Yamaha. I think he actually paid an extra $200 and went with the 2400 series. He liked the extra power and that 2nd room setup is outstanding. One of the few you can actually have the 7 channel going while listening to something else in the other room.

Is SoundPros an authorized dealer?

Hi im from México city, and i can find the
RX-V1400 here, can anybody tell me how can i get it.

Anonymous
I just picked up Yamaha RX-V1400 on 9/26/03 at Hificity.com. I've been tweaking it and playing with it. I was going to buy a SPL meter, but YPAO feature works fine for now. Calibration in term of meters and configurations are very good, but in term of speaker sizes, I need to change that myself. I spent the weekend watching "Too Fast & Too Furious, The Core, and Bionicle: The Mask of Light" as well as listening to concert DVDs, such as The Eagles: Hell Freeze Over, BeeGees, and many others. Besides the DTS feature, I love the 7-channel stereo mode for non-DTS music. I also like the "STRAIGHT" feature for non-DSP music. Lots more cool features compared to my older entry Yamaha. My wife and kids like the conversion up feature, i.e. from S-video to component. They don't have to switch TV inputs anymore. Overall, it works very well as pre-amp/processor for my need. I'm using separate amp to drive my speakers. However, I just spent extra $150 for Audioquest YIQ-1 component video cable. Ouch!

Marc Alexander
The 1400 has the 2nd and 3rd room operation support just like the 2400.

I'm planning to use the 1400 as a pre/pro

Marc Alexander
The 2400 does have an upgrade port for possible DPL IIx support in the future.

Anonymous
I ordered the Yamaha RX-V1400 from mydigitaluniverse.com for $584.00 + tax + s/h.

I decided I needed a receiver that took all the VCR, Cable, DVD, CD, etc., inputs and switched it to my projector. I'll post how it works out for me.

Sarandon Johnson
Same here!!! I am also going to buy the RX-V1400!!!!!!!

Anonymous
I was about to order RX-V1300 for about $450. Now I am not so sure since I heared about the
RX-V1400. Could some one please tell me if it is worth the $250. more? Thanks.

sarandon
yes the rx-v1400 is worth it!!!!!!!

Just bought the V1400 last week at Tweeter - for me it was worth the money for the chance to listen carefully and have the option to trade it back if it doesn't work out in my space with my speakers.

I bought it for the sound, but the switching options and video conversion made the whole system simpler. Great transperent sound, much more transparent and life-like than the Nak (same power) I had before. My speakers are Allison One's, very natural sound. I would be careful if you have speakers on the bright side. It was a lot of money and more than I had planned to pay, but I don't regret a dollar of it now.

I have had the RX-V1400 for a month. Since my plasma TV has only 1 video component input, I use the video up conversion feature. I have found out that some channels keep on flickering. However, when I bypass the receiver and hook the S-video directly into the TV, it works fine. I'll contact Yamaha tomorrow, but does any one else have experience similar problem? Please advise.

Lisa France
Has anyone here that has listened to the 1400 has also listened to the Denon 3803. The Denon sounds really good. If so how do they compare. Also that port on the 2400 in not for upgrading.

Anonymous

What is the difference between the 1400 and 2400? Just wattage? Also, is the 1400 a true 7.1 system (i.e., does it have all the inputs/outputs as the 2400)? Just trying to figure out what the difference is between the two.

Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 5
The defference between the 1400 and the 2400 are the RX-V2400 hast more watts per CH, powered 2nd room channels, the rs232 port, and a different remote that adds Macros.

And yes, the 1400 is a TRUE 7.1 setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us