Front speakers: Fluance ES1 or Polk RTi A7?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1944
I was looking at getting some front tower speakers and I don't know what to do.

Someone helped me on the whole bi/di speakers as it does really come down to the user but what do you do when you havn't heard (or can't hear) either brand? You ask!

The Fluance speakers look really cool and I have read nothing but good things about this company and I really like to try (new)brands that no one has heard of. $399 US

http://www.fluance.com/fluanes1higf.html

The Polk speakers I can get for $500 CDN for a pair, yes a pair, due to the 26th being boxing day. This seems like the better deal Price wise but Polk usually has inflacted prices anyways.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/rtia/index.php#rtia7

I currently have a "starter" set of polk speakers and I think they suck pretty hardcore but what can you expect for $250, right?

What I have ATM
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10090579&catid=
They both will work out to the same prise CDN wise.

I will be using the set up for 95% movies and 5% music. Any input on either or both brands is welcomed!

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1847
I have some Fluance speakers for my secondary HT system, and a good buddy of mine has the Fluance SV-10s (the big floor standers) in his main HT system in a very large room. They actually sound pretty good. For 399 you really can't go wrong. For budget speakers I'd take the Fluance over the Polks.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2200
I would take tin cans and a hammer over Polks. Buy the Fluance speakers.lol

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1849
Just make sure the tin cans and hammer are made in NA so you don't have to pay import duties on them.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1945
Thanks guys!

I was feeling the same thing as my current Polks are pretty bleh but I just wanted to make sure.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11314
No love for Polk anything

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8522
That's funny this same subject just came up on a different board with much different results...no love of Fluance there. I'd say look at Infinity Primus series speakers. Better than both of the above.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1851
That's for sure Art. A lot of people refer to Fluance as "White Van". I personally don't think there but still the stigma persists.

Out of curiosity, what forum was this?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1852
there = "they're".

Christmas beer spelling. ooops.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1947
Hrm, weird!

I'm just not impressed ATM with my current Polks and I'm trying to build a budget system (to a degree) and don't really want to spend $1K on front spreakers...

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1854
If you're looking for budget system that will actually sound very, very good check out the Paradigm Monitor line. The Atom version 5 sound particularly good and are DIRT cheap. Buy 4 of those and a CC-190 and you have a killer system.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11318
In Canuck bucks!

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2201
I agree. Why not start looking elsewhere? Paradigm is a good one. I have had good results with their stuff for theater. Klipch may be another brand too listen to as well.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1258
my local paradigm dealer has the v.5 on closeout. Like the atoms but not going to spend the money. I still have my eye on the studio 20.

I have been thinking more and more about the studio 20s. I was at my parents home this christmas and listening music on the atoms gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I just love the paradigm sound, to these ears it is totally addictive.

I really am very happy with my iQs though, so more than likely I wil stay where I am.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us