Mirage or Definitive Technology

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 58
I have a NAD 773. I am looking for a HOME SPEAKER set up in the $1,000 raneg and am cosidering the Miarge Pestige series as well as the Definitve Technology Pro Cinema 800 series. Any feedback appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11310
I have never heard a Def Tech speaker set up to my liking.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1259
a dealer near me (in danbury CT, bout an hour and a half away) has def tech. I have never heard a pair but am quite curious.

My pioneer components came from there. He has a decent quality setup on the main floor. Think the next time I go down there I am going to stop in for a listen.

Comments here generally have me believing that I wont like them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Thanks fellas. It seems severla on this forum do not like DT so that may ster me away from them. I have not heard anything negative about Mirage.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3131
If you have a Magnolia Home Theater near you (inside some Best Buys), they carry both and should have them on the floor. They sound pretty different from each other.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
would you consider DT brighter?

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1260
Think that lots of people here feel they are a boom and sizzle speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 482
I haven't hear the specific models but have heard fairly recent models of both the Mirage and DT line.

I'm not sure I would say the DT's are brighter. I heard them in a HT setup and they sounded good for that (they were paired with a Denon 2808
AVR). The worked together rather seemlessly. When I heard the Mirage speakers on a Yamaha AVR they sounded rather dull and rolled off or indistinct in the high frequencies...could be due to the omnipolar design. All speakers have a certain sound and following but the Mirage line was not to my liking. Though I would have to hear the DT line for music, I'd say they were worth investigation but specifically the Mythos line.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2208
Robert- Does your dealer only carry these two brands? Have u sat down to hear any others? Lots of budget speaker companies out there. Some of which sound very good for the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us