Urban Fidelity

Bronze Member
Username: Buzzkiller

Milwaukee , WI USA

Post Number: 24
Has anyone spent any time with urban fidelity planets? I have had my finger on the buy button for about 2 weeks. I have not found any bad reviews on them, but I also haven't seen many reviews from real people.

Aesthetically I think they are great and would really go well in my place. I am up in the air between those and some orbs, or maybe both.

I see that both companies write very appealing copy for their websites and press releases.I want to make sure I'm not being sucked in by that and/or paid reviewers.

Unfortunately this city is sadly lacking in decent audio shops so find some to listen to is difficult.

I did use the search feature for this site but didn't come up with anything, which makes me a bit wary.

Any info or opinions would be welcomed.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3122
Most of the reviewers are that are on the company's website are respected reviewers. I don't know one or two of them, and have no comment either way. Take any review, pro or otherwise, with a grain of salt. A big part of this is subjective.

If they've got something like a 30 day in home trial, try them out. If not, I'd pass.

They're not a typical pair of speakers and may need different set up parameters than most speakers. They may also not work well in certain types of room. I have no idea what differences their may be. Speak to a customer service rep. They should ask you what gear you're using and what type of room you have - size, shape, furniture, etc.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee , WI USA

Post Number: 25
The room shape is really what I am interested in. It would be very possible that they would be near the center of the room so if there is truth to their ability to project sound they way they say they can, that would be great.

The return policy is decent. Thanks for verifying the reviewers, maybe that would have been a more appropriate question to ask.

I am going to give them a shot. They also happen to be the first pair of speakers my fiance has actually said "look good", so that a plus. Thanks for the response.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 950
There are several decent audio shops in the city or within 20 miles of the city, Ben. Where have you looked?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee , WI USA

Post Number: 26
Hi Stryvn,

I am a very recent transplant and live and work downtown so my world consists of about 10 blocks (east town and 3rd ward). Urban Fidelity said the closest place I could demo them was in Chicago.

Superior sound in Brookfield and Audio ventures in Waukesha are the only places I have seen.

As far as non best buy audio, where would you recommend in the city?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee , WI USA

Post Number: 27
Perhaps I should revise that although the point has passed. I have not located any audio shops that have heard about or demo these speakers. I was tired last night and didn't choose my words carefully. I am sure there are lots of places here that I do not know about, I am not a native, but I do love Milwaukee.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us