Stereo amp upgrade for Wharfedale 9.6..?

Username: Cfiliz

BursaTurkey

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I'm a newbie about hi-fi.

I recently own Yamaha RX-V361 HT receiver connected to Wharfedale 9.6 (front) and Whar 8.3 (rear). But I'm not satisfied with the bass and the details.

So, I think i need to upgrade (or add) a stereo amp. I consider NAD C325BEE, but not sure if it will be a correct choice :o

I do not have a nearby showroom for listening. So, I'd really appreciate your opinions.

Best regards,
Cem.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13203

Why are you saying the amp is at fault? What has led you to this conclusion?

BursaTurkey

Post Number: 2
I guess it is not enough to drive 9.6s.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13204

"Enough"? What does that mean?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11259
Cem, how long have you had the speakers, and how long have they been in their present placement location?

BursaTurkey

Post Number: 3
"enough" = not enough power to move bass driver and not enough detail in sound - maybe a wrong term. hey, i'm a newbie :-)

I've had the speakers for about 9 months for now and I didn't moved them till then. Why? Should I try different locations..?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11261
Yes indeed. Bass can be reinforced or thinned by room placement, and the room itself can create bass voids, as well as harsh treble.

Look in the room treatments threads here, and try 'speaker placement' in a search.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13207

I find it difficult to believe your receiver lacks sufficient power to move the bass driver.

Is the bass driver moving?

Username: Mattp

Spokane, Wa United States

Post Number: 3
Your Yamaha receiver does not have Pre-amp out connections to add an external amp, so you'd only really be able to upgrade if adjusting the speaker placement doesn't get you any closer to the results you'd like.

BursaTurkey

Post Number: 4
Thanks all..

Well, I'll try different positions in room. Guess it can help.

I get enough bass when connected to PC with optical, so I think there is no problem with Watts.

Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us