What do i need for M_BR2

Bronze Member
Username: Hoanghai2k

Melbourne, VIC Australia

Post Number: 36
Dear guy,
i just purchased the Monitor BR-2, the small bookself (X-mas sales). then now im considering set of equipment cdp&amp. so these are the set that on my budget.
Rotel cd 02 & amp 02
Nad ... & ... (dont really know the new model)
Camp Azue a 640...
Marantz cd 6002 amp 6002
Marantz cd 7001 amp 7001.
Or another advised please, by budget will be up-to $1200 for both cdp&amp
Hopefuly i can get all item be4 this comming X-mas...
thanks you guy
cheer

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1794
From my experience, Rotel and MA are not a good combination. Bright, sharp and nasty. This was with RS6's, so you're milage may vary. I've run Cambridge gear with MA's before and it was quite smooth.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2172
I can definitely see Rotel/MA being a horrible combo.lol. The characteristics of Rotel and MA wouldn't match well.

Bronze Member

Melbourne, VIC Australia

Post Number: 37
so has NAD, Camb, Marantz comes with MA BR2??? please give me an advise cause Big sales is comming sortly. Note that i have my BR2 for just $220 (brand new of cause...:-)
other equip will be on sales soon
thanks you guy again
cheers and merry X-mas..:-)

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2252
Marantz, NAD, and Cambridge Audio all work very well with Monitor Audio.

I haven't heard the newer Marantz models, but it would be my first choice of the three.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1251
I have a Marantz Sa-8001 SACD with 7001 integrated and love them together. They have a smooth and warm sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2174
hoanghai nguyen- do u have any way of listening to these brands yourself with your speakers to decide which you like best. Everyone has a different opinions, and will result in all of us just giving you the brand we like best. That doesn't do much for which brand you will like best.

Bronze Member

Melbourne, VIC Australia

Post Number: 38
thank guys
i have listened the Maranzt set (model 6002) the sound was fantastic, but it was a little bit bright to my ear, i want some thing more warm, because i have a maple floor , do i need other equip or just add a subwoofer instate?? anyone have experience abt subwoofer then plz tell me how to add ( im not sure that the amp Marantz has out put for sub or not) but bottom line, i want more warm and musical sound.
thanks...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2178
if the sound was bright to you then it wasn't too fantastic. I can't tell you what you will like more of the models. To my ears, the warmest brand you mentioned is definitely NAD, but that doesn't mean its better. Just warmer.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Lancaster, Lancashire England

Post Number: 720
You'll want a subwoofer if you're using the 6002 with the br2s. The bass of the Marantz is flabby. I had this exact system. Whilst it was musical it was a little lean and eventually I sold the entire system.
The BR2s are nice speakers but I found them a little bit too refined.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us