Z5500 - $200

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 505
I believe I can get the z5500 speakers for 200 dollars off dell.com, just wanted to know if anyone has anything else that is more bang for my buck than those. Its 5.1 and what i really need out of that is the optical audio input.

Thanks!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13186

"Bang for the buck"? Have you hear these speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2159
I believe what you mean by z5500 is the Logitech 5.1 Computer speakers? Am I correct Mike?

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
Jan- was that a negative on the speakers? I heard them and they sounded pretty nice to me. Nothing fantastic, but on a 200 dollar budget I thought it was a pretty good deal

Nick- yes, that is what I am referring to. Good or bad?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13191

If you like them, I wouldn't spend a of of time on $200 speakers. Particularly if you have a specific requirement these speakers fill.

That may be a lot of money for you right now - I don't know - but for that price whatever you buy is going to have some sort of major compromise in sound quality. You can spend time listening to other stuff or you can just buy these and be listening to music.

Assuming that is, these did sound good to you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
Well I agree with you, they aren't too great. They don't exactly hit...well any highs at all...but I don't really know what to expect for 250 bucks (thats what I can get them for now)

Do you have any suggestions. I want 5.1 for the surround sound and it needs to be able to hook up to the optical audio. For around 200-250 do you know of anything that will actually hit highs and sound like somewhat good quality?

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
After looking on-line very briefly. As of computer speakers, the best 5.1's i could find were these Z-5500 by Logitec.

Is there another option to get speakers that are better than that for around 200 dollars that will take opitcal cable inputs?

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2160
For Computer speakers in that price range Mike there is nothing better than the Z-5500's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us