Speaker hookup issues

Username: Bakiley

Post Number: 4
I've recently built a new house and we had an "expert" install in-ceiling speakers throughout the main floor various rooms. I've got my HT eqpt hooked up in the family room and I run it through a NADT773. My problem is that I've got all the speaker terminals used for the HT speakers and when I try to hook up the in-ceiling speakers to the "B" channel I get really horrible sound. Any advice on how I can get quality sound through both the HT speakers and the in-house speakers?

BK

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11240
define 'horrible sound'

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 344
From Dictionary.com

Horrible: Pronunciation [hawr-uh-buhl]

--adjective 1. causing or tending to cause horror; shockingly dreadful: a horrible sight.
2. extremely unpleasant; deplorable; disgusting: horrible living conditions.

Or in other words, really really crapy sound.

Just couldn't resist, Nuck.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13174

I lost a dime. Can anyone tell me where it's at?

(No, Nuck, it's not behind the pickles.)

Kind of a lack of information here, BK. How many speakers? What sort of volume controls? What sort of speaker switching? What sort of speaker cables? What sort of terminations? Who hooked this all up?

Fill in the blanks, BK, and, if you see a dime, it's mine.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2152
lol Jan.

Bruce- The B speakers on the NAD T773 only work properly in Stereo. If the unit is in some kind of surround mode you only get a very faint sound coming out of the B speakers. This is normal. So what is the source material? How is the source hooked up. Could it be that the in-wall speakers are just not that good? Have you hooked up a RCA cable from the NAD's monitor out and fully setup the second zone of the NAD for speaker B, so it doesn't think it is part of the 7.1 setup?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us