Two questions about home audio New Amp for Philips MCD 708/37 & How to upgrade Buslink micro system

Username: Willytheg

San Rafael, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I hope this is not a breach of protocol but I have two questions that are in the category of inexpensive home audio.

The first is trying to find a replacement amp for a Philips micro system MCD708/37. Philips home parts web site is closed and their tech support han't helped. I still have the entire system aside from the amp and would like to just get a new amp instead of a new system but I can't find anyplace that sells them. Any suggestions appreciated.

The second is a cheap 2 speaker system that was manufactured by Buslink a few years ago. The speakers are attached by a single wire terminating in an RCA size/shape input. It's a cheap system but I really like the options available for playing my XM/mp3/music files on flash drives/sd cards. The sound however, sucks. Neither I nor the wizards at Buslink have any idea how to improve the sound. Speaker upgrades are difficult due to the design of 1 wire/speaker. There'ss no input for a subwoofer. I do have an older Creative 7.1 with surround sound that was used for my PC until I got tired of all the wires. Instead of running that system though my PC, would it be possible to input the Buslink little receiver/amp into the subwoofer of the Creative system and run the speakers from there?>

Thak you all for your indulgence. If you want to answer directly to bills1040@gmail.com I would get responses directly.

Thanks,
wgs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us