Grado PH-1 impressions

Username: Mikearbia

Post Number: 5
Hi,
I am currently using a Grado Statement Platinum Cartridge in conjunction with a Music Hall preamp. I have an HK AVR340 receiver and Klipsch RB-81 speakers.
I was hoping to get an idea of what people thought of the Grado PH-1 preamp.

Post Number: 6
I should have mentioned that I am using a Marantz 6300 turntable.

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13109

An original 6300 from the 1970's?

The Grado is kinda overkill at this point.

Post Number: 7
Jan

It is an original 6300 from 1976. I love the turntable and have never had the opportunity to compare it to a modern turntable. It is in excellent condition, functions as I'm sure it did in 1976.

I was thinking the same thing about the preamp possibly being overkill. I just thought that the Grado preamp would mesh well with the Grado cart. Keep in mind that at some point I will have to purchase a new TT.

Thanks

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13111

Do the turntable first, the phono pre amp will be there when the time comes.

Post Number: 8
What are some of the differences I can expect to hear if I upgraded to a new TT?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13112

I have no idea. I don't have a clue what you do hear so I can't tell you what you will hear. You might not hear anything if what the better table is doing is not within the priorities you listen for. Better pitch definition, tighter rhythmic control and musical flow, maybe just less record noise. I don't know since I have never had the opportunity to play music for you and have you tell me what you hear compared to what I hear.

Read a few reviews of various turntables and see if what they discuss is what you are interested in hearing.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us