Speakers for home club

Username: Rossd

Los Angeles

Post Number: 1
We have a couple of rooms we use for parties 20x25. Many friends are house music DJ's so generally 90% electronic music and 10% Frank Sinatra :-). We want to stop using our large JBL monitors and mount speakers up high on the walls instead. Can anyone suggest some options for speakers that would sound good for this setup. A sub can be added if necessary but were not a "big booming bass" crowd. We were going to drive them off of a Yamaha 95wx7 receiver. Can anyone suggest a good value?

Ross

Silver Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 151
cerwin vega could be one of your options

Los Angeles

Post Number: 2
We want to do white speakers as well. My thinking was to use a very nice outdoor model? That would give us the color and bracket we want. Francis or anyone else have any further suggestions?

Silver Member

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 153
nothing that i know off ross. am sure someone else will be able to help though

Los Angeles

Post Number: 3
Ok, so obviously this is not that easy as I first hoped. Let me change course a bit and see if we cant get a solution. What pair of speakers, preferentially available in white would fill a room with sound much like a Bose 301?
R

Silver Member

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 155
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/521663.html

check the link out. depending on your budget you can go one product line higher within each brand if you want a better quality sound

Los Angeles

Post Number: 4
Francis,
Your a scholar among men. That being said, it looks like you were dead on with the CV's a few days ago when I asked.
Thanks again!

R

Silver Member

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 157
hardly ross. hope you come right

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1248
The bose won't hold up to what you are intending on doing. I would also recommend looking at Cerwin vega or taking a look at whaefedale zaldek (sp) speakers. The wharfedales are made for "home dj" use according to wharfedale.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us