Help choose between Parasound & NAD

Username: Hifijunky

Post Number: 7
Hi,

I have Dynaudio Audience 72 speakers and now moving to complete 2-channel setup. I have NAD C542 CDP as well. I need a good (under $1800) pre/power combo which works well with the speakers. I have shortlisted NAD (172/272) & Parasound (New classic 2100/2250 OR Halo P3/A23), but have heard no one so far. I seek your opinions/experiences on which one do you think have better overall quality and synergy with the speakers. I am slightly favoring New Classic combo since it gives more power than others and is with in the budget.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 407
Well, Nad is updating the classic series and you can find the c162/272 combo for $999. Spearitsound.com and audioadvisor.com are two places. Parasound makes nice gear as well. There is always audiogon if you want used and are not limiting yourself to those two brands.

Username: Hifijunky

Post Number: 8
Thanks for the response!

When is NAD planning to come out with new series? Is there any preview available? Will it be worth waiting for it?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8130
The Parasound Halo gear would be the best of that bunch.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3099
I agree, Parasound Halo by a good margin.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2092
Yup!!

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 408
When is NAD planning to come out with new series?

They should be available in December. Some find the Halo gear a bit bright, at least that is what I have read about the A-23 amp. As we know one mans bright is another mans detailed. I have not heard anything like that about the A-21 or parasound classic. The halo gear certainly has a more appealing look to most and has a nice warranty if purchased new 5/L 10/P. The new Nad classic (upper end) looks sharp, modern yet still understated. Tarun, this board is full of knowledgeable folks, the longer you stick around the more you learn.

Silver Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 154
tarun
the nad is slightly on the warmer side. bass is soft and not too tight. but overall very musical. its a good amp but doesnt suit everyones tastes. listen to it before you decide to buy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us