Blown amp

Username: Woodywood

Post Number: 1
i've managed to blow 2 amps in a week!!! the first time i just thought i had a faulty amp, then when i got another the same thing happened, basically i've got jack inputs and post inputs on my speakers, and jack out puts on the amp, played a cd and no sound came out, then a few seconds later weird smell and smoke from the amp, after the 2nd amp blew i decided to try the post inputs on the speakers and they work fine, but when i use the jack, boom! anybody got any ideas? both speakers are the same make and model but what are the odds on both havin the same fault?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 474
Some details, such as makes and model numbers of the amp(s) and speakers would be helpful!

Username: Woodywood

Post Number: 2
speakers are rcl cm1210 1st amp skytec pa240 and then laney cd516m

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 475
This is a little confusing and I do not have a lot of experience with PA equipment AND I can't find a picture of back of your speakers but...

I suspect that one of the inputs to the powered speakers is passive while the other is active. The passive input would be the one you would use with a separate amplifier such as the Laney.

I am guessing that the connection to the active input with the speakers not plugged in to an electrical outlet caused your problem.

Does this sound even close???

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11037
Contact a pro gear retailer very soon and stop doing that.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1657
"...and stop doing that"

Haha. That's hilarious Nuck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us