Amp in Protection Mode?

Unregistered guest
A couple of weeks ago my vsx d307 stopped working. The display appears normal but there was no sound comming from the speakers. If I crank the volume the headphones would work very weakly. I took it to a tech and when I went to pick it up he said it just needed a ride in the car; he could find nothing wrong. I had him hook up a test speaker to verify and sheepishly left with the amp. Yesterday we had a power outage and it is now acting the same way. Does it want another ride? Is it toasted? Has it gone into some "protect mode"? What steps can I take to determine what the deal is? I can handle a multi-meter if someone could identify some test points for me.

Thanks
Steve

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Sounds like it needs about a five minute time out unplugged from th wall outlet. You are probably having some serious spikes and surges. Invest in a good surge suppressor. My usual suggestion is a Panamax but you are looking in the $100 range to buy one that is truly effective. There is really nothing that can be done about power outages that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and/or harm the overall sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us