Need help with my speakers!!

Username: Gopedhead

Post Number: 1
Ok guys, i have a problem w/ my home audio speakers. they are ADS L-710 loudspeakers with one mid range, one tweeter and two subs on each speaekr. I have a Yamaha A-1 amplifier hooked up to the speakers and i have a problem.

Well the left side speaker produces too much bass for some reason. i dotn know why, i had played with the wires for teh speakers earlier and it fixed the problem, but now it's back again for some odd reason. how can bass come on and off. i know it's not the speakers becasue i had switched them and they sound nice. i think it's the wiring. i dont know. i bought some of this wiring from radioshack. why wouldn't this work. any suggestions why one side produces more bass. I dont know why it could be the amp. I had fiddled w/ the wires in the amp earlier and it seemed to fix the problem.. anyoen expeirience the same problem as me?

i was told that the problem lies becasue of interference of how i have the wires set up. i have them set up alongside the power cord for the amp.

Post Number: 2
i know others have had the same exact problem and have fixed it! but how!!!!

thanks again.

Unregistered guest
Sounds to me like you have a problem in the crossover/wiring. Reverse the speakers, by that I mean, place the non working speaker on the wire for the good one. Same problem now with other speaker? If so, it's the amp or another source. If not, it's the speaker. Take the drivers out of the cabinet from the front and check the wiring. Be careful and make sure you label any wires that become detached so you know where they go. The mids/tweeters on this speaker are also both fused. Check the fuses with a meter. Replace with the SAME value if bad. Good luck. Nice speakers, btw.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 530
it does sound like some type of loose conection.

if you can't figure it out.

you may want to tear the system down and start
from the basics with as little you need to connect
as possable.

switch wires to different sides and see if the
problem moves or stays on one side.

same with the speakers.

Post Number: 4
Yea i got the problem, i had the amp switched on phono and when i switched it to AUX it seems to work now, both sides produce the same sound. but why would this setting only give one side more bass? or should i say, change the sound of one side.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us