Setting up?

jonathanh
Unregistered guest
i have 4 mission floor standing speakers and a pair of bose ceiling mounted tweeters, but my sony reciever has three different outputs 1. speakers A 2. speakers B and a dolby pro-logic output. Is it best to use the speaker A+B output together and then bridge the two bose to two of the floorstanding speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 723
is it a multi-channel receiver or a stereo receiver?

jonathanh
Unregistered guest
multi-channel reciever... actually both...
i just want it to be as loud as possible really, not too interested in using it as a pro logic system...

Silver Member

Post Number: 744
don't try to bridge any speakers on any sony home receivers unless it is specifically designed to handle that load. Combining A+B speakers does not give you louder sound. A or B channel does not have separate amplifiers.

jonathanh
Unregistered guest
the amp has 3 different types of output, Front A Front B and surround sound... Front A is Two by 100w as is Front B... The surround is five by 100w... i basically have 6 speakers so im thinking if i hookup 1 set of speakers to Front A, then hookup another to Front B and then bridge those speakers to the third set of speakers??? would this work??

Silver Member

Post Number: 816
just don't bridge the speakers unless you know how to compensate for impedance changes. If you do it wrong, you will fry your sony.
Those power ratings are not continuous and not very accurate so don't count on that power

jonathanh
Unregistered guest
right so... cheers for that...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us