Opinions for a home stereo in cabo san lucas

Username: Ryan23

Post Number: 2
hello everyone.... ive been browsing this site for ahwile now and finally have a question to ask.... i could really use your guys advice!
my dad has put me in charge of updating the stereo system in our vacation house in mexico and these are the speakers the installer has proposed.(ALL SPEAKERS EXCEPT THE FLOORSTANDING WILL BE EXPOSED TO SALT WATER FROM THE OCEAN AND BAD WEATHER ELEMENTS). the floorstanding speakers will be power by a yamaha rx -v4600 receiver that has been in the house for a couple years now. we already have 1 SPEAKERCRAFT7 - BB2125-R - AMPLIFIER, 2 CHNL, 125W amp and the zones are underpowered so
he has proposed 2 more to power the 6 different zones we will have. i prefer warm sounding speakers over bright and like speakers that sound nice at low levels. the budget for all the speakers and the 2 amps is around 6,000 dollars. from the research i have gathered all speakers seem to be just OK for the price. i would love to hear opinions of what everyone might use it this setting. thanks alot

1. POLK AUDIO8 - TSI500 - STEREO FLOORSTANDING HIGH DEF

2. POLK AUDIO8 - CS20 - CENTER HIGH DEF SPEAKER

3. SPEAKERCRAFT8 - CRS6 TWO - INCEILLING 6" SPEAKER, PIVOTING. ( speakers for the spa area)

4. jbl S36AWII outdoor speakers. ( speakers for a large outdoor beach patio. will be exposed to ocean elements.)

5. need opinion on a outdoor speaker for a lounge area thats about 100sq ft. keep in mind that the neighbors are very close to this area so speakers that sounds nice a low levels would be optimal.

Post Number: 3
any thoughts guys?? have to have something to give to my dad this saturday!
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 406
This system is hard to imagine from a description like this. In other words, how can a 125 watt amp under power a system that can only be used at low levels?

If you need punch in certain places pehaps a subwoofer is the solution (then again perhaps that is entirely not appropriate, it is hard to guess).

Post Number: 4
sorry for the bad explanation.... we definitely crank the stereo especially when my brother and i are down here with our friends.... but on occasion when the neighbors are here we cant have it too loud so a speaker that sounds good at lower levels would be nice.... i was just looking for some opinions on some higher end outdoor speakers ... like does speakercraft make a nice sounding speakers? unfortunately they dont have a showroom to demo any of the speakers they spec out so i was just looking for some opinions....... thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 410
I appears as though you already have some Speakercraft speakers. If so, how do you like them? If not, I wouldn't mix up the brands too much because then you get some very different sounding rooms that can actually become annoying.

I have had very good luck with JBL and Polk.

Post Number: 5
no speakers just the amp. maybe ill just stick with jbl because ive had some good luck with them also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us