Rega, Totem, or Spendor?

Username: Batonwielder

Post Number: 10
Rega R3, Totem Arro, or Spendor s5e. Which do you think might be the best match for my Rega Mira 3 amplifier in a smallish (11x15) room?

I listen primarily to classical music and enjoy open and lively sound. I've heard all of the speakers above at the dealers, but couldn't arrange for a home demo.

Your expertise and experience would be greatly appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1971
on a synergy level I would guess the R3's would be a better fit. I haven't heard the arro's or s5e's however.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10886
All are small enough to be brought home to try quite easily, so I would find local sources and try at home on this one.

Sources could be dealer or a friendly owner that the dealer knows, who will trot over for beer.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3224
I think the R3s are the most likely candidate. The Arros are a bit omre difficult to drive, but having said that the room's not too big so if you don't intend to be playing them for party purposes the Arros would also be a good match. The benelux distributor of Totem regularly uses Arros and Sttafs wth a Mira3 at shows in similarly sized rooms after all.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1524
I bet the Arros would sound pretty sweet with the Mira (at low volumes).

Silver Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 240
I would hedge toward the Rega R3.

Before settling in on my gear I listened to the Apollo/Mira combo and the R7, R5 and R3 sounded quite well with that matching.

Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us