NAD T752 Reliability

Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 5
I had my NAD T752 for about a month and after wrestling with it doing a number of resets I finally gave up and sent it back. The unit had problems with switching from Surround to Stereo. If I powered the unit on with a surround signal as the first signal detected the unit after a while would not play in 2 channel stereo. It was the same when the unit was powered on in stereo it would not switch to surround modes. The center and fronts would all be in stereo.

I have my old pro logic Yamaha taking the place of the NAD until my replacement comes in. I must say even with the new Studio 20's I have purchased, the difference in clarity, detail, and overall sound is night and day between the NAD and Yamaha. The Yamaha is so forward sounding lacking any transparency and very thin compared to the NAD.

I am still a strong NAD supporter due to it sounding so darn good when it is working right. Hopefully the new unit will be problem free.

Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 7
Well it might not be a fair comparison between a newer receiver like the NAD T752 to an entry level Pro Logic only Yamaha due to the newer technological advances in receivers from 1996 to now. I am sure the newer and higher end Yammies are much better sounding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us