Speaker Burn In

Bronze Member
Username: Mixster

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 24
Hey Guys,

I hear a lot of speaker burn-in. What is the proper way to burn-in some new speakers. I bought a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze B2's if that makes any difference.

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 131
There is a period where the construction of the speaker, from outer phase plug, the surround, the magnet motor, etc -- get loosened up from some normal use after assembly. The devices in the crossover "warm-up" after some signal passes thru them. This is pretty much the idea of speaker burn in. Maybe even the wood cabinets settle in a bit given the humidity, temperatures etc of their new locale.
Just anticipate that your speakers will need about 50 hours to fully loosen up.
Did you opt out of PSB?

Bronze Member

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 27
Yea, I opted out.....I didn't have a convenient dealer nearby and really liked the sound of the B2's.

Is the volume level important for burn-in???

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 133
Well a few hours in the mix of burn in hours with some bass energy can't hurt. Don't OVER FOCUS on speaker burn in.............
I think it's a good idea to have a speaker that is at least competent and not overly expensive that you can upgrade in the near future if you want to. The overly impetuous approach I took when purchasing Paradigm Titan's, which I DISLIKED, gave way to owning Paradim Focus, which is a HELL of a deal for $320.
I'll get Paradigm Monitor 5's this summer, THEN start a paced search for some $2k speakers.
So with your new Bronze B2, you can enjoy them, then perhaps the PSB thing will fall into place over the next couple of months.

Bronze Member

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 28
I don't know....I'm pretty much diggin these B2's :-)

I wanted to listen to the Monitor 5's but the shop I went to didn't have them.....they had every other Paradigm model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us