AVR - US$1000 to US$2000 - match with Mission & Velodyne

Username: Mrspeeed

Canada

Post Number: 1
Hey people,

A newbie here so go easy please. $1,000 to $2,000 is for the receiver alone. The situation is as follows. I own a Yammy RXV-596, a good value receiver in its day 4 years ago. I liked the detail of the Yammy in 2 channel though felt something was missing. I plan on buying the Pioneer DV-562(A). This should hold me over for a year and you can't beat DVD-A and SACD for $129 bucks! Currently I have a set of Mission value speakers 704 fronts (enjoyed every minute of them), 700 rears, 702c center and a velodyne HTR-12 sub.

But here is the thing (1) moving to a new place and I MIGHT have to put in-ceiling speakers to please the wife (recommendations welcome - like the Energy Veritas 2.0CM but more cash for 4 speakers - 7.1 set up - than the receiver..yikes) (2) I listen to music in 2-channel except on 5.1 DVD's such as the Eagles then it is DTS for me (3) I am a 45/55 mix bewteen HT and Music. (4) New in-ceilings may force me to get new fronts and a center eventually to match the timbre though I'd rather not.

Considering Denon, Yamaha, P-Elite, Marantz, NAD, Onkyo, HK, Outlaw separates...am I leaving anybody out? I like the apparant value of the RXV-2400 if that helps you out.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us