Speaker match for marantz 7300ose

Username: Silentfool

Post Number: 3
I just purchased a Marantz 7300ose to start my home theater audio system. I plan to play about 50/50 audio and video. I've been looking at the B&W DM602 S3(fronts) B&W DM601(rear) LCR 600(center) pretty seriously, but I've heard comments that they are too warm of a match. Any suggestions?

for now i'm using a marantz dv4400 dvd player even for audio. my budget is around 200-300 per speaker. (i don't like jmlabs, staying away from anything french made).

oh yeah, and my wife wants speakers that are "pretty"(but not necissarily small)

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 438
Look at the Monitor Audio Silver Series. Marantz and Monitor's are a perfect match. Your wife would probably appreciate the beautiful finish on any of their models. Truely wonderful craftsmanship.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 358
Dave

We have a 7300 (not ose model but wonderful all the same) and a B&W LCR6 s2 for center. Now this is where I expect to get flamed, our mains are JBL XTi-60's (Danish made with French drivers - and are excellent) but are a close sonic match to the center. Rears are JBL S3611's and an Aussie made Richter sub. The system to us sounds excellent for both music (stereo and multi) and for movies.

I think the B&W's with your 7300 ose could be quite good depending on your rooms surfaces. If you have carpets, drapes and soft furnishings, then yes, they may sound a bit warm. However, if you have hard floors and furnishings (as we have) they may sound very good. If you can take your receiver and audition the speakers it may give you a good starting point to consider.

The DVD player won't give the same sound quality as a reasonably priced dedicated CD player, however it will be improved for stereo listening by using a digital connection to allow processing by your 7300. At least that's my experience.

Other than that, therealelitefan knows what he's talking about.

Username: Silentfool

Post Number: 4
thanks for the input. as for now i'm sticking to my guns with the b&w's. i just like the looks, the sound, and the reputation. I haven't had a chance to audition anything with the 7300ose, so that could change. I've been casually looking at the Acoustic Energy Evo 3's, but i can't find much about them on here...however "what hi-fi" loves them.

i think my local shop has both the AE's and B&W's so I'm hoping for a side by side comparison

Bronze Member
Username: Fletcher

Post Number: 20
silentfool, I'm very interested in this as well. If you may, please post your experience with the audition of the AEs and BWs. Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us