Impedance matching volume control install test

Username: Nunyo

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 2
Sorry for cross-posting from the speaker area, there doesn't seem to be a really good place to put this question, and I'd really appreciate an answer. If there is a better place to ask this question, please let me know.

I'm doing my first whole house audio install for a friend. He has Impedance matching volume controls already installed in the house. FWIW they're Atlas Sound DWS-8's. We've got four pairs of speakers that we want to power with an stereo receiver capable of driving an 8 ohm load. The IM volume controls are all set to 4X.

My question is this. Should I expect to see an 8 ohm load when testing with an ohm-meter prior to hooking this up to the receiver? The reason I ask is that I'm currently seeing about a 1.8 ohm load with my meter. This would be roughly consistent with what I'd expect to see if the IM controls were not doing any Impedance matching at all.

Do the L-stops alter impedance only when an oscilating signal is present? I suppose that might make sense but I'd hate to burn up an amp to find out.

Thanks.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
I'd give Atlas a call, you can find their phone # on their website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us