Dynaudio Audience 52 SE - Special Edition (Need Advise)

Tags
Unregistered guest
Dynaudio had just released the Audience 52 SE and need your advise, comments and recommendations. I have auditioned this speakers and they sound really great!

Username: Persvako

North Europe

Post Number: 3
Where are you from? I know that in Europe the speakers have been in the market at least over a year now. I was just listening them yesterday, and they sound so good! Definitely better than pure 52's. The tweeter is from contour series and makes a lot of difference. Also the sound is more present for me. Well, I can't really describe the sound as english terms. But the best in price for me, and it's going to be my next speaker update. Next summer I hope...

North Europe

Post Number: 4
Where are you from? I know that in Europe the speakers have been in the market at least over a year now. I was just listening them yesterday, and they sound so good! Definitely better than pure 52's I own. The tweeter is from contour series and makes a lot of difference. Also the sound is more present for me. Well, I can't really describe the sound as english terms. But the best in price for me, and it's going to be my next speaker update. Next summer I hope...

Tags
Unregistered guest
Im from Hong Kong. Thank you for your comment. Actually I already plan to buy this speakers. I have compared them with other speaker brands such as B&W, Quad, JM Lab and other Hi End speakers and this Dynaudio 52SE for me is the champion. Hope that I get other feedback from other guys who already heard this speaker.

North Europe

Post Number: 8
Is it impossible to edit or delete message?
-------------------------------------------
Yes, it is awesome speaker. But you'll need also powerful amplifier to take all of those speakers. What amplifier do you have?

Tags
Unregistered guest
I currently use Yamaha RXV 2095. Im not sure also if this will match well with the Dynaudio or maybe I need to upgrade my amplifier. What do you think?

North Europe

Post Number: 9
I don't know your model. How expensive it is? Looks like an integrated amplifier, not hometheater, right? I've heard that some Yamaha's can be a little bright, so in that case it shouldn't be a problem, as Dynaudio is warm speaker. But Dynaudio needs 4 ohm, and cheapest Yamaha's can't deliver enough power for that load.

Tags
Unregistered guest
My Yamaha model is a Hometheater and capable for 4 ohms but havent tried yet on any speakers with 4 ohm load.

Bronze Member

North Europe

Post Number: 12
Other people's opinions also appreciated here!

I know that this speaker is pretty new in some parts of the world, maybe that's why it's so quiet here. Above I stated incorrectly about 52SE's being in the market in Europe over a year, I think the right time is since last august. But I really recommend that speaker as a best for the price speaker. I mean the difference between 52 and 52SE is easy to hear. Actually it's hard for me to stay with my current 52's. I am all the time considering buying that second edition, but I have to think about my money.

So, feel free to express your opinions about Dynaudio Audience 52SE.

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 27
I listened to the 52SE back in Dec. It's awesome but way over my budget. Dealer had it hooked up w/ a NAD C370 Integrated Amp rated at 120W x 2. Definitely a good combo. :-)

From what I've heard, DynAudios need *alot* of power. Your Yamaha might not cut it.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 441
My experience with Dynaudio is only with the 42 but I can say that as opposed to the above poster who said they are warm I found that not to be the case at all. They are not overly bright either, that's one thing that makes them so good. I would choose to pair them with a warmer and richer sounding receiver than a Yamaha and my local Dynaudio dealer pairs them with NAD and Marantz. I was very impressed with the 42 and if I was starting from scratch I'd probably go with Dynaudio's but I am very happy with my year old Monitor Audio system.

Bronze Member

North Europe

Post Number: 13
Dane's don't lie.

Difficult to express, they're umhhh.. neutral sounding, I guess. It's no way strenuous sounding. I think it's very good choice for all kinds of music. With Dyn's it's also possible to listen heavy rock CD's without closing your ears in the middle of the song. B&W was the only other speaker I found, that didn't sound too terrible eather with metal music.

If you listen just classics or some ballads, then you may find other speakers better. But for all-round music Dyn's are the best I know!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 268
I think the Dynaudios are actually cold sounding, but not bright. They're easy to listen but would match best with a powerful warm/neutral sounding amp like a NAD, Sherwood, H/K and so on.

Bronze Member

North Europe

Post Number: 14
I wouldn't call it cold. Isn't the meaning something related to lack of bass, or thinner sound? I think they're all in all very neutral sounding, on balance. They produce to my taste enough bass, so to have a subwoofer isn't so necessary. Bright they're absolutely not. 52SE is in my opinion brighter than 52, however. Isn't NAD more than neutral, more like vigorous? Because that kind of receiver they'll need, a lot of power also. Yep, hard to know without listening...

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
Cold means the emphasis of upper mids and lower highs. It has nothing to do (directly) with the lack of bass or thin sound.

Bronze Member

North Europe

Post Number: 16
Ok.. I got it.
In that case you're quite right.

Tags
Unregistered guest
I plan to upgrade my Yamaha 2095 AV Receiver with NAD AV Receiver 773. DO you think this is a good match with Dynaudio 52? Other recommendations in mind ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
Yes, I think the Dynaudios match quite well with NAD. Other fine options would be Paradigm, B&W, Tannoy and Dali.

newcomer
Unregistered guest
Is it also match with the sonus faber (concertino home ). I am also a nad fans and planning to buy the c320bee.

Username: Bertus_f

Netherlands

Post Number: 1
I've recently bought the Dynaudio 52se speakers in combination with the Dynaudio 42c (center) and the Dynaudio 42's (rear). My NAD T770 amp can drive the 4 ohm speakers easily (80 Watt) and makes them sound very open. I like this combination a lot! It takes several weeks before the 52se's sound like they use to sound, so be patient when you buy them. After 3 weeks of continuously playing, they sound just perfect!
The NAD T773 has a lot of power. I asked for them at my dealer, but they're not that much better compared to my current amp. You can also take a look at the Denon 3805 amp. Very nice one with a lot of features. And you have to hear the Marantz 8300. Just compare those amps en take the best there is! I love the stereo sound of the NAD. Very pure sound en musically too. In several reviews, Marantz and Denon are a little bit better in DTS and DD5.1. But, as i said: compare them yourselve.

Bronze Member

North Europe

Post Number: 21
How do you like the 42c in the center? It should sound different than 52se.

Username: Bertus_f

Netherlands

Post Number: 2
You're right. My dealer told me that this was the right combination, but i'm hesitating. Running the center output on both 52se's sounds much better than using the 42c. I've got this set for 3 weeks now and can return the 42c if i want. Maybe the 122c is a good replacement, but they're so big.... They won't fit under my tv. The 42's as rear speakers are very beautiful. I have considered the 52's, but they make it too expensive. This is a good alternative.
One other thing about the 42c: I still have to run them in. It takes several weeks and they become better and better. So at first I will be patient...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us