Mirage Nanosat

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1371
Does anybody have any experience with these?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RZ6eSJJSbMF/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=653NANSYPB &readmore=true&omnews=7197672

I'm trying to help a friend stay away from Bose. I had them looking into a HSU package.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/performance1.html

I hadn't heard that either, but I have a Hsu subwoofer and have been very please with it.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7833
I haven't heard either of those packages but must commend you on the effort...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1372
Art are you in AV sales now? I recall some times back you were in some kind of social service agency?

What would you recommend for a sub-sat 5.1 setting?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3010
I've heard the Nanostats in passing. Not enough to give a true review or recommendation, but enough to know they blow the doors off an Acoustamas setup.

Magnolia Home Theater inside Best Buy stores has them. They also have a few different small and inexpensive Def Tech set ups. If you've got one near you, check them out. The staff isn't the most knowledgeble and if your friend needs a little help, you may want to go with him.

They've got a decent selection for this application. It may also be a way to introduce him to better stuff like Vienna and Martin Logan. They may not be his cup of tea, but at least he'll get an idea of why we pay more and are more picky.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1210
I have heard the orb audio package. I was very impressed with that. I thought that the integration was great for such small speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1373
I agree with the Orb and did recommend it. It was outside of their price range. A little strange since somehow they thought Bose was worthwhile at that price

Stu thanks for the heads up about Magnolia. I haven't walked into Best Buy so long, I don't even know what they carry any more.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7835
"Art are you in AV sales now? I recall some times back you were in some kind of social service agency?"

Still a social worker. No recommendation on sub-sat systems...haven't heard any lately.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10809
But still very social...
I liked the Orb setup that I heard with an Arcam receiver, heard it in Montreal, I think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us