Decided on Speakers, need help with receiver...

Bronze Member
Username: Nikeofnargothrond

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 36
First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for the improper title of the post, somehow it loaded a post from title I started almost a year ago! The proper title should be: Speaker Challenge!

I have restored the old stereo console tables from the 70's for years, but now I am restoring one for myself and would like to modify it with new speakers to give me great sound. I am pretty sure I will need some high efficiency drivers. I will be replacing the current face that has a 9" woofer opening and two 2" tweeter openings above the woofer on either side. Ideally, what I would like to do is have a cabinet custom built that I can literally mount inside the existing space and have a 3-way speaker system set up in each side. This presents several problems...

My question is which high efficiency drivers (sub, mid, and tweet) can perform well in relatively small volume as I will be building an enclosure for the 3-way system?

Oh, I am also looking at checking out the Class T amplifiers for this application as well since I will have limited space for a full out amp. Again, ideally, I will use these enclosures in a revamped stereo console as my main speakers in, potentially, a 5.1 or 7.1 system.

I was also looking into potential horns, would these be ideal for this kind of application?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Nick B.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us