Realistic optimus X-100,is it worth it

Username: Iona1

Post Number: 1
I have an old pair of Realistic opyimus X-100 speakers and they are both in near perfect condition and im happy with them and wasnt looking to sell but a friend of mine has offered me 20 pounds for the pair. Ive tried to look up some information about the speakers but have found nothing so im still none the wiser. Should i snatch his hand off for the 20 pound is it a good deal and worth it. Any help is appreciated,thankyou :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12973

Do you want new speakers or are these just laying around as extras?

Username: Iona1

Post Number: 2
Im not looking to get new speakers but do have a spare pair if i was to sell the optimus X-100's. As im happy with these speakers and there preformance im not sure if £20 for the pair is a good deal.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10761
What would you do with the 20 quid music wise?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7751
Keep 'em and sell the spares. Convince your friend that spares are just as good...lol.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12976

So you just want to know if your friend would be getting too good of a deal?

The Radio Shack speakers can be bettered by many speakers available today at quite reasonable prices. Give your friend a break and go find some better speakers. Then he'll once again be jealous of what you own.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1197
These aren't the speakers with ribbon tweets... Are they?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12990

Don't think so. I remember the Lineaum drivers as being built more like Heil Air Motion Transformers and not ribbons. But I don't believe they were marketed as X-100's. I would still say they could be bettered even if these were the best speakers RS ever licensed, the speaker world has simply moved on in the last decade.

Silver Member
Username: Pcstockton

Post Number: 218
I would just give them to him.... Be a nice guy.

I imagine they are actually worth negative dollars. You should give him $5 to take them off your hands.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7807
Cooold.....

Gold Member

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1199
I remember the speakers with the linaeum tweets having great highs... And that is all that was positive. Always thought the bass was muddy and boomy, with no real midrange presence.

Gold Member

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1202
Never really cared for the sound except for the linaeum tweete

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1777
My dad had 5 LX5's with the linaeum tweeter's they were the 1st 1's a small monitor,he had them paired up with a Harman Kardan AVR30,their top daug back then,it was only prologic,the thing was 50 wa channel but it had 40 peak current amps.Anyway the LX5's sounded big and had a huge sounstage,the midrange didnt have much precence,and next to now bass,but they sored with female voices.

Gold Member

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1209
I just auditioned the latest paradigm studio 20 last night. Impressed me thoroughly. They use the fantastic tweeter from the last studio series, have tighter bass, and wonderful rich midrange. Don't recall the older studios having midrange bloom and presence like these did. I will give my impressions of them in detail later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us