Simaudio W5 or Bel Canto eVo 2

Bronze Member
Username: Bluemark81

NB Canada

Post Number: 29
How do these two amps compare other than power differences? Which is considered a better amp?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10738
Is there a sale on?
Hey Blue, you might want to join into David's thread right below yours

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1394
lol Nuck, maybe Blue and I were looking at the same ads on CAM.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 30
Nuck: I already have joined David's thread, but I thought it might be more biased towards the Evo so I started this one. Currently I have Simaudios Titan 5 x 200 powering my mains, center and surrounds using an Anthem AVM50/ARC pre/pro. I was looking to get the W5 to match with the Titan to run my fronts and moving the Titan to the center/surrounds and rears. Because I could not find a W5, I bought the Evo on a whim and will be trying it on my mains. Hopefully it will pair well with the Sim even though it has less power.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 56
Got the eVo4 and using it in bridged mode (360W x 2). Having some hum issues currently, but getting those taken care of. Ignoring the hum, this amp is unbelievable. The music has so much air, it seems holographic. Midrange detail, soundstage and imaging is the best I've heard. I'm sure I would have been very pleased with the W5 as well, but I can't imagine anything being better than this. I know as good as my Simaudio Titan is, the eVo is better on every level.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us