Totem Rainmaker and Storm sub

Username: 900ss

Post Number: 6
Just finally broke in the Rainmakers,they're amazing for detail,but they are missing the bottom end so I was thinking of adding the Storm sub. The Bryston 1b pre amp. and 3b amp. with the Nad t533 dvd player has a lot of power left from driving the Rainmakers so adding the sub should not be a power problem.
Has anyone tried this setup,and was it worth it, sonicly?

Brewster

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7687
No I haven't tried that setup but I do have the Rainmakers and don't find them lacking in bass at all. You should check your placement. Enter speaker placement in google and go from there.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2982
"...so adding the sub should not be a power problem."

Isn't the Storm is a powered sub? Your amplification has nothing to do with powering it.

I'd look into placement before adding a sub. If that's not the cause and you need more bass, the Storm is about as good a complementing sub as you can get for the money.

Everyone's idea of good bass is different, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Furthermore, I'd get a dedicated CD player. The t533 is pretty good, but not up to the rest of the system IMO. Think Rega Apollo. Not that I think it'll be the cure for your bass issues, but it may. It'll improve everything.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1812
Some good posts so far, lost of good info Brewster. Your pre/pro setup is very similar to mine, and I can say I have very good results with the Apollo. Stu also has the B60 (one of my favorite integrated amps) and he too has great results with it.

Like Stu already stated, the Storm has its own amp and is self powered. I would love to hear those on a 3b, very nice Brewster.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10729
I think David Mitchell was looking at a storm sub as well, but I have not heard any of the trials as yet.

Waiting patiently...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7693
The Storm is an excellent sub and great match for the Rainmakers...for my listening I just wouldn't need it for anything but HT. If were buying a sub for the Rainmakers the Storm would be on my shortlist.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1375
I've heard the Storm on many occasions at my dealer's.

It's an insanely good subwoofer.

I just can't quite fit it in the budget right now, especially now that my dealer is carrying Mcintosh, and has got me to thinking...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us