Username: Nandakumarhv

Post Number: 14
Hi,
rs6 or quad 22l2 which is a better one for classicial, fusion music,

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1744
RS6? as in Monitor Audio Silver RS6's?

I have never heard Quad speakers. But I can honestly say the RS6's are the most fun I have ever had with a speaker. Classical, Jazz, Pop, Rock, they push through anything.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1299
I agree with Nick. I have the same speakers, and they are quite amazing. I enjoy them as much as, if not more than my Totem Sttafs.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1628
I got to listen to these with the awsome Bryston Cdp and Bryston 4b and And a Conrad Johnson preamp the performance these offer for there price is pretty amazing,and this was followed by the Dynaudio C1,on the same setup,so you know they have that it factor,the Dynamic contrast is remarkable not only for there price but period,they are really special.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1300
Sounds like an awesome setup Tawaun. I would have liked to have heard that!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1746
MMmMMmmmmMMM Bryston+MA MMMmmmMMMM

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7551
Surprised we haven't heard from MR relative to the Quad's.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1982
Just saw this Art.

I can vouch for the Quads in my set up, but I can't compare them to RS6's or when used with other gear. I have the 22L's and they seem to do everything pretty well right and here in Aus, they are good value. I don't feel the need for other speakers which, after all this time, is saying something. However, they can be a little picky with placement being rear ported.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7557
Thanks MR, I knew you loved those Quad's...good to have your words here too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1750
It is good to see you M.R. The 22L's I am sure sing nicely.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1631
The 22L2 is twice the price of the RS6 and the RS6 is more efficient with better dynamics,with that money left over you could get a better amp or CDP,something to think about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1632
Yes David it was awsome in some ways more so than with the C1's in the tow,I have to say the Bryston CDP is state of the art for normal mans prices im a huge fan of that player.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2961
I wouldn't call a $2700 CDP normal man's price. Its an excellent player and punches above well its weight though. If I was in the market for a CDP at that price or above, it would be right at the top with the Naim CD5x. I'd love to hear those two side by side.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Hi williams,
quad 22l2 and rs6 or more are less priced the same in india. What will be your choice if the prices are the same.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Hi M.R.
what is the amp and cdp your playing with quad 22l

Gold Member

Post Number: 1665
Nana,what type of sound do you like,because they are both very different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1666
Sorry,Stu I dont think the Naim 5x is nearly as good as the Bryston,$2700 isnt a lot for good CDP in my opinion especially 1 that performs right up there with the best the market has to offer,you dont have to sale your car or mortgage off your house to get it.

Bronze Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 37
I agree that in the greater scheme of things $2700 for a CDP isn't a lot; however, my wife would have me hung right now if I spent more than $500 on a CDP. It's all relative. Aim high but be happy for the time with what you've got, I guess.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1983
Nanda, if you click on the member's name to the left of their post, it will show their details. Many of us include a list of the gear we have. As my list suggests, I have a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amp and a Naim CD5i. All in all, makes the music very appealing to my ears and all who have heard it (if they're being honest of course). Please remember, we can only recommend what our ears prefer, not yours when considering any new gear.

Oh, and Nick - thanks and hi to you also!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1677
Hey whats up My Rantz havent heard from you in a while.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1987
Hey there T.W - just the usual, life getting in the way - little time for music and forums :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1679
I hope you get more time for both,good to see you posting.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1991
Thanks T.W.

Likewise

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 39
Quads and Monitor Audio are all together different , Its not fair to compare Quad22L with RS6, Compare Quads with the monitor gold series.

mark.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1794
Mark, just curious, why would they have to compare that model of Quad to the Gold series Monitor Audio?

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 246
Prob if you are comparing them by price?
But to for me any two speakers can be compared on a host of factors besides the price. Just wondering those of you who have the rs6 what are you running them with. Amp and cd wise

Gold Member

Post Number: 1796
Chico- Mine are being powered by a Bryston 3b, Pre amp is a Bryston and cd player is a Rega Apollo.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10702
The closest I had to the RS speakers was the RS Silver, got from Mike W. here. Very close.

They worked well with the Classe setup, but I had a hard time fitting them inta a crap room for bass.

Blame the room, for sure.

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 247
I'm using my rs6 with a basic ca640 setup. Has anyone tried them with the parasound classic or halo setup?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us