Divinci Sound D505

Username: Verezy

Niagara Falls, Ontario Cananda

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know how to set the opening volume? Everytime I turn it on it goes right up to 70db and there is no stopping it!

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 274
Did you buy those from a white van like these guys did?

http://www.scamshield.com/Sighting.asp?state=none&country=Canada&article=1

Username: Verezy

Niagara Falls, Ontario Cananda

Post Number: 3
No, i bought a skid of electronics at a liquidation store on auction and this was in the bottom still in it's original box, and of course, no remote or manual!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1303
It's crap.

Don't hook it up to any speakers that you really care about.

Bronze Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 21
Hey David,
I hope you don't know that from personal experience. I looked at the chain of experiences on people who have been scammed on this and someone's making money.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7555
Ain't that the truth George. David's a pretty savvy fella..don't think he was took.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1304
Thanks Art and George. Nope, not personal experience. Just done my research, that's all. I remember seeing Divinci speakers on ebay a few years back and thought they were too good to be true.

Turns out I was right. If it smells like a skunk, it's a skunk, no matter how you dress it up.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1305
I read somewhere that the Divinci speakers (and I used the term loosely) have impedence dips so low that they eat receivers for lunch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Is this the company and product we're talking about? divincisound.com

spec's are like this:

1500 W Power Capacity
700 Watts Program Each
10" High-Current Low-Mass Sub
2 x 6.5" Diamond Cut Platinum Cones
2 x 1" Precision Tech Silk Tweeter
Lynxis Digital Preision Crossover
24K Gold High Temp. Internal Wiring
High-Gloss Piano Lacquer Finish
Solid Oak Cabinet Design
Compatible W/Any A/V Equipment
Weight: 53 Lbs

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2950
My brother has this POS in his living room right now -

http://www.divincisound.com/surrne1.jpg

No he didn't buy it. It was left in the apartment when he moved in, pretty much brand new in box. That tells you what the last owner thought of it. He doesn't think much more of it than that. He's not a hifi guy by any means and even he knows it sounds awful. It somehow blends in with the decor in his place.

Its pretty funny how many people see it and think its some state of the art system. Its ok for regular TV watching. Incrimentaly better than the speakers built into his TV (another POS) IMO.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1309
It even looks like a POS Stu.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I'd never fall from it but I can see it being sold at the flea markets and corner stores to people who can't hear the difference between AM and FM...and I do know a few. Kinda like the Citzen and Emerson brand of stuff. I'm sure it's fidelity would be like seeing the world through welding glass.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2952
Now that I look at it a little more, by brother's is subtly different. It looks a bit better in person than in the picture. Its a high gloss plastic finish that almost looks like a glass front panel. My brother's speakers have an integrated stand that makes the speakers floodstanders.

For the people who are used to looking at plastic boom boxes, this thing looks like a McIntosh system. I thought it looked pretty cool for a few minutes. It sounded a better than the TV alone, and maybe (just maybe) better than an Emerson, GPX, or any other bottom of the line K-Mart boom box type system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us