Looking for a picture

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 536
Does anyone have the picture of the guy in his living room standing next to his rediculously large horn speakers by chance? It was a custom setup where the speakers ran from his lawn outside into his living room. I remember a post months ago that featured these pictures and I wanted to forward them to a friend. thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10628
Maybe in here?
Nice pic's anyhow, of some outfriggingstanding stuff!

http://www.avantgarde-usa.com/installations.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
It is none of those but your right, any one of those is my dream living room. The one I am looking for has the speakers coming out through the wall and extending probably 20 feet out into the backyard.

Has anyone heard horn speakers? How does their sound compare to traditional speakers or electrostatic speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1729
DB I know the exact picture your talking about. Or I should say, remember the one posted on this forum. Problem is I forget what thread it was in, and don't know where it was found. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10629
The dude with the beard, I think.
I will look too, just cause the fella is sooo funky.
I thought it was Kegger for a while!

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1895
I think this is it:
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10834

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10631
Thats the brother.
Way to go, Chris!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1896
I had to bookmark that one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1897
I'm guessing somewhere in that guys past there was a trust fund with his name on it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17739
Yeah that's nuts, but in a cool way lol.

Ambition fueled by equally astounding funding. What a great combo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
Yes, that is the one. thanks for the find, its got to be my favorite.

Ahh, when hobby turns to obsession.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3131
Ummm, seems to me that those very long speakers going out into the garden are purely for the bass. The other speakers in the room appear to be for the rest. I could be wrong about this, but the mouths of the horns are too close together to give a decent spread of sound I would have thought.

Insane system...

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
So have any of you heard horn speakers? Are they designed for certian types of music or are they just another look? How do they compare to electrostatic or box speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3136
Horn speakers are just another design based on the principles of acoustic coupling. There are as many different sounds available from them as there are any other speakers. However, they do usually have certain common characteristics. They're usually physically large. They usually have high sensitivity. They usually have a benign impedance curve. This is why they are so often matched to valve amplifiers.

In terms of presentation, their most usual common characteristic is that they're very dynamic. The problem many people have with them (aside from their physical size) is a disconnect between bass and the rest of the frequency range, timing wise. Many horns also have a lack of truly deep bass since the horn has to be really big to be able to reproduce truly deep bass below 40hz.

People who like horns absolutely love them generally speaking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us